A judge sentenced Michael Sean Conner for a violent carjacking he attempted in Adairsville. He shot a young man asleep in his truck. Conner will serve this sentence consecutively to a seven-year sentence for a previous carjacking conviction in Tennessee for 35 years of confinement.

According to U.S. Attorney Byung J. Pak, the charges and other information presented in court: On May 7th, 2018, a young man unknown to Conner was driving home to Florida after attending a wedding in Tennessee. He had stopped to nap at a gas station in Adairsville. Conner and two women, Kristy Lynn Davis and Destany Schubert, pulled beside the victim in a second vehicle. Conner tapped on the victim’s truck window, pointed a gun at the young man, and demanded that he give up his truck. Conner then shot the victim in the chest as he tried to roll up his window and back away from Conner, leaving him paralyzed from the chest down.

Authorities charged Conner and his female passengers for the crime following Conner’s arrest for committing another armed carjacking in Tennessee within hours of the Adairsville offense.

28-year-old Michael Sean Conner of Hixon, Tennessee, was sentenced to 28 years of confinement to be followed by three years of supervised release. The federal sentence will run consecutively to the seven years he is serving in Tennessee for another carjacking. Conner had previously pleaded guilty to the carjacking offense in Tennessee and received a sentence of seven years of confinement. The Georgia sentence will run consecutive to his Tennessee sentence, resulting in a total custodial sentence of 35 years of incarceration.

38-year-old Kristy Lynn Davis of Summerville plead guilty to acting as Conner’s accessory. She was sentenced on August 13th to three years in prison then three years of supervised release.

22-year-old Destany Schubert of Fort Oglethorpe also plead guilty to acting as Conner’s accessory. She received a sentence on June 19th of 18 months in prison, followed by three years of supervised release.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and the Adairsville Police Department investigated this case.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Katherine M. Hoffer prosecuted the case.