The Judicial Nominating Commission has submitted recommendations to fill vacancies within the Superior Courts of the Atlanta and Cherokee Judicial Circuits. The vacancy in the Atlanta Judicial Circuit was created by the resignation of the Honorable Henry M. Newkirk; and the vacancy in the Cherokee Judicial Circuit was created by the appointment of the Honorable Jeffrey A. Watkins to the Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia.
Governor Kemp will fill the vacancies from among the lists.
The following names were submitted to Governor Kemp:
Cherokee Judicial Circuit
- Samir Patel– District Attorney, Cherokee Judicial Circuit
- Jesse L. Vaughn– managing partner, Vaughn & Clements, P.C.
Atlanta Judicial Circuit
- JaDawnya C. Baker– Judge, Municipal Court of Atlanta
- Alice E. Benton– owner, Benton Law, LLC
- David H. Emadi– Executive Director, State Ethics Commission