With the winter months bringing the increased threat of severe cold, ice and snow, Georgia Power is helping customers prepare with free tools and resources online and via mobile device, available 24 hours a day.
Tools You Can Use
* Outage Alerts – Since its introduction in 2013, more than 163,000 Georgia Power customers have signed up for the free service and are receiving personalized notifications and updates via text message, phone call or email if storms interrupt power at their home or business.
* Outage & Storm Center – Available at www.georgiapower.com/storm<http://www.georgiapower.com/storm>, customers can visit this site to sign up for Outage Alerts, report and check the status of outages, and access useful safety tips and information categorized easily divided by before, during and after a storm.
* Outage Map – Housed within the Outage & Storm Center, Georgia Power’s interactive Outage Map provides near real-time information, allowing users to see where outages are occurring across the state and track estimated restoration times. A popular destination for customers, the Outage Map logged an estimated 1.2 million-plus views in 2015.
* Georgia Power Mobile App – Download the Georgia Power mobile app for Apple and Android devices for storm and outage information on the go. Use the app anytime to access account information and mobile bill payment options, as well as energy efficiency tools.
* @GeorgiaPower on Twitter – Follow @GeorgiaPower on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/georgiapower> for storm tips, outage updates, customer service and more.