Nearly 1 Million Georgians Already Benefiting from GDOL A.I. technology
Atlanta, GA – As part of the ongoing efforts to modernize and improve efficiency, the Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) announced strategic improvements to its cloud-based virtual agent – an artificial intelligence (A.I.) solution that improves responsiveness and reduces customer wait times. System upgrades include enhancements to GDOL’s phone system and website chatbot, George A.I.
“Our goal is to become the most responsive agency in state government, which requires us to adapt to the demands and desires of our constituents,” said Commissioner Bruce Thompson. “Claimants that desire to self-navigate will have that option, and those that desire a live respondent deserve that option as well. With this newest introduction of technology, we are rapidly moving toward my goal of delivering incredible service and answers in an expeditious manner.”
Since its launch, this integrated platform has already benefited nearly 1 million Georgians. Key upgrades to the virtual agent include:
- Intelligent call routing to live agents
- The transition of voice services to Cisco Cloud
- Activation of A.I. technologies that can respond to both voice and text
- Multi-language support (English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and French)
- Adaptable technology that evolves to serve customer needs
- Self-service tools that resolve FAQs without the need to call an agent, reducing calls and driving traffic to the GDOL website
As part of the recent upgrades, callers can now access GDOL unemployment (UI) services from a single phone number, 877-709-8185. Calls are then routed through a series of A.I.-powered prompts to resolve common UI-related inquiries.
Based on current analytics:
- The combined virtual agent (phone and chatbot) has facilitated approximately 993,141 sessions, accurately routing 97 percent of requests.
- 64,775 customers have used the George A.I. chatbot on the GDOL website to access FAQs. Of these, A.I. technology accurately identified requests 99 percent of the time via chat.
- Over 62,451 virtual agent callers and 4,812 George A.I. chatbot users successfully checked their claim status. Of these, 60 percent effectively used the automated system to check the status of their claim.
For more information on the GDOL virtual agent, visit https://dol.georgia.gov/.