Bartow firefighters called to early morning house fire Saturday at approximately 1:19 a.m. According to a press release, crews were dispatched to 162 Hendricks Rd NE Rydal to report of a residential structure fire. The caller said he was cooking and the house is on fire.  He reported flames coming from the kitchen. Engine 5 arrived on scene to find a single-story brick structure with heavy fire showing. The 18-year-old male said he was home alone and had been cooking when the fire started, possibly a grease fire. Multiple engine crews arrived on scene and were able to successfully extinguish the fire. A BCFES Fire Investigator was called to the scene and was able to determine that the fire was accidental and did start in the kitchen. The house received heavy damage and the attached garage received smoke damage. No injuries were reported.

Press Release