On March 3rd, 2022 Bartow County Fire & Emergency Services responded to the following structure fires.
At approximately 1:50pm BCFES crews were dispatched to 100 Piedmont Ave. in Adairsville to a reported structure fire. Bartow County 9-1-1 reported that occupants were evacuating the residence and heavy smoke was coming from the residence. Upon arrival of BCFES Engine 10, heavy fire was noted from the rear of the structure and heavy smoke and fire coming from the eaves. Crews initiated an aggressive interior attack to extinguish the fire. The structure sustained extensive damage. No injuries were reported and Red Cross was called to assist the occupants. The fire was under control within 20 minutes, but crews remained on scene for approximately 4 and ½ hours to extinguish remaining hot spots, assist the residents, and complete the fire cause investigation. The fire was determined to be accidental, possibly caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.
At 8 p.m. BCFES Crews were called to 10 Pine Needle Trail in Acworth to a reported mobile home fire. Dispatch advised that the fire was in the kitchen and all occupants were evacuating. Upon arrival BCFES Engine 4 reported light smoke showing. Upon further investigation the occupants had extinguished the majority of the fire with a water hose prior to the fire department’s arrival. BCFES crews extinguished remaining hot spots and assisted the residents. The cause of the fire was accidental with moderate damage to the structure. No injuries were reported.