The Etowah Scholarship Foundation Reality Store is scheduled for Wednesday, October 22 for the Freshmen of Woodland High School in their PAC.
The Etowah Scholarship Foundation Reality Store is designed to encourage teens to think about their future, to help teens visualize how their career choices will affect their economic well-being. Volunteers at the Reality Store helps students learn about their choices evaluate their options and plan for their future.
At the Reality Store, students will be able to:
- Envision the lifestyle they would like to have when they are in their mid 20’s
- Select the occupation they would like to have as an adult
- Receive a checking account deposit equal to one month’s salary from their desired jobs
- Spend their salary in the Reality Store, first on necessities and then on “extras”
- Handle some of life’s unexpected events
- Learn whether their selected occupation will provide the financial resources needed to provide the lifestyle they want
Approximately 450 students will be participating. We are in need of nearly 85 to 95 volunteers to serve on this date. Please let us know if you are interested in working AM (7:30a-11:30a), PM (11:30-3:00), or both.
As we will have a light breakfast and lunch for our volunteers. Volunteers should call the Etowah Foundation at 770) 382-1757.