A home in White, Georgia, was destroyed by fire Friday afternoon.  According to a press release from Bartow Fire and Emergency Services, crews were called to 3432 Hwy 411 N.E., White, at 3:41 p.m. for a report of a residential structure fire.  The residence is also known as 14 Goss Drive.    The caller said could be seen flames from the roadway. BCFES crews arrived on scene to find a two-story residential structure with smoke showing. Once crews were able to extinguish the fire, salvage and overhaul to check for extension began. Hot spots were found and extinguished. A fire investigator from the BCFES Fire Marshal’s Office was dispatched to the scene. The cause of the fire was determined to have started with a space heater that was left unattended. There were no injuries reported, the home was a total loss. Officials with BCFES would like to remind everyone that space heaters can cause fires and should not be left on unattended.  Per the Consumer Product Safety Commission, “Portable space heaters can pose a safety risk, no matter where you use them. They are responsible for 1,700 house fires a year, on average. Fires started by portable space heaters result in about 80- deaths annually.”