Company monitoring forecasts and mobilizing storm response teams and personnel
to respond to potential service interruptions
ATLANTA – January 13, 2022 – As winter weather, including freezing rain, wind and snow, is predicted to move across Georgia this holiday weekend, Georgia Power is prepared to respond to outages safely and as quickly as weather conditions allow. The company is continuously monitoring changing weather and storm teams are ready to respond to customer outages caused by the winter weather.
Georgia Power reminds customers to be prepared. It’s important to know the risks associated with winter weather. Resources on GeorgiaPower.com/WinterPrep can help customers stay prepared. Video tips include information on building an emergency kit, staying connected, official watches vs. warnings and more.
Staying informed is critical during severe weather and Georgia Power is committed to connecting with customers before, during and after severe weather.
Tools You Can Use to Prepare for Severe Weather
- Outage & Storm Center – Available at georgiapower.com/storm, customers can visit this site to sign up for Outage Alerts, report and check the status of outages, and access useful safety tips and information. Customers can report and check the status of an outage 24 hours a day by contacting Georgia Power at 888-891-0938.
- Outage Alerts – Subscribe to the free Georgia Power Outage Alert service to receive personalized notifications and updates via text message.
- Outage Map – Housed within the Outage & Storm Center, Georgia Power’s interactive Outage Map provides near real-time information, allowing users to see where outages are occurring across the state and track estimated restoration times.
- Georgia Power Mobile App – Download the Georgia Power mobile app for Apple and Android devices to access storm and outage information on the go.
- @GeorgiaPower on Twitter – Follow @GeorgiaPower on Twitter for storm tips, outage updates, customer service and more.
As the winter weather passes through the area and information becomes available, the company will communicate updates. Georgia Power is ready to work around the clock in case of power outages, and urges customers to stay safe, including watching for and avoiding downed power lines after the storm.
About Georgia Power
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America’s premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the company’s promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia’s 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the company is recognized by J.D. Power as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com and connect with the company on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower), Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ga_power).