FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE . . .
June 12, 2017
In the regular June meeting of the Cartersville City Board of Education, the School Board recognized this year’s retirees. Nine employees retired this past school year with a combined total of 216 years in education. The employees attending were presented an engraved clock from the Board by Mrs. Linda Benton, President.
Under Consent Items, the School Board voted to approve the Local Plan for Career and Technical Education (CTAE) and Funding Application for FY18. The Board also approved the following rental requests:
Greater New Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, Cartersville, GA for CMS School Grounds and Parking Lot on September 9, 2017 from 8:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m. for Run for the Son Race.
Cloverleaf PTCO, Cartersville, GA for CMS School Grounds & Parking Lot on March 24, 2018 from 5:00 a.m. – 12 noon for Community 5K Run.
Corner Stone Media Productions, Stockbridge, GA for CMS Classrooms, School Grounds & Parking Lot June 28-30, 2017 for film.
Several surplus items were also approved.
The FY 2018 budget in the amount of $39,105,200.00 was approved on a recommendation from the Finance Committee.
The School Board voted to accept the following resignations:
– Stanley Pinion, Technology Specialist, effective June 29, 2017.
– Joan Cox, Nutrition, effective June 22, 2017.
– Jimmy Hobgood, Craftsman, effective June 2, 2017.
– Stuart Chester, Teacher/Baseball Coach, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
– Wilbert Smith, Teacher, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
– Leigha Burnham, Instructional Technologist, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
– Sharon Hooper, CES Teacher, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
Certified employees approved are as follows:
-Mary Ann Little, CHS Instructional Technologist, effective 2017-2018 school year.
-Dillon Byrd, CMS Teacher, effective 2017-2018 school year.
-Gina Crider, CMS Teacher, effective 2017-2018 school year.
-Ashley Dave, CES Teacher, effective 2017-2018 school year.
Classified employees approved are as follows:
– Renee O’Harran, School Nutrition Manager, effective 2017-2018 school year.
– Betty Martin, Bus Driver, effective 2017-2018 school year.
– Andy Wilson, Maintenance Craftsman 1, effective July 3, 2017.
– Tyler Jacobs, Craftsman 1 Plumber, effective July 3, 2017 pending background check.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Cartersville School Board is Monday, July 10, 2017.