In light of the possibility of severe storms next week, Cartersville Schools is closely monitoring the most current weather updates from Georgia Emergency Management Agency. The safety of their students and staff is of their utmost concern and will be the highest priority when making a decision on school closings.

Due to the unpredictability of this storm, Cartersville Schools will wait to make a final decision until Sunday at 2 p.m. A call will go out updating parents and students on the school status for Monday and Tuesday via the automated notification system. Also, the update will be posted on their website and social media networks and relayed to WBHF. Information on extra-curricular activities will be released at the same time.

Cartersville Schools appreciates your understanding and patience as they assess the information they receive from GEMA and FEMA.