Cartersville Fireworks Ordinance
Fireworks may be ignited from 10:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. Between 9:00 P.M. and 11:59 P.M. they may only be ignited if they are not in violation of the City’s noise ordinance. These are the year-round hours except for the following holidays: January 1st, July 3rd, and 4th, and December 31st. On these dates fireworks may discharge until 11:59 P.M. and New Year’s Eve this time is extended until 1 AM. Times can be altered at any time.
Use of fireworks is prohibited in any of the City of Cartersville Parks or on City property without a special use permit. They also cannot be ignited within 100 yards of an electric plant, water treatment plant, wastewater treatment plant, a facility that sells gasoline or other flammable/combustible liquid where more than 500 gallons are stored. This includes a facility that stores, blends or refines flammable/combustible liquids. Additionally, fireworks are not allowed within 100 yards of a private electric substation, jail, prison, public use air facility, landing pad, platform, a hospital, nursing home or other health care facility unless granted permission from the facility
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Make sure your pet has an identification tag, in case it runs off during a fireworks display
- Know your fireworks–read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks outdoors only in a clear area away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Never shoot fireworks of any kind near pets.
- If fireworks are being used near your home, put your pet in a safe, interior room to avoid exposure to the sound.