The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) is providing the following information regarding the fight against COVID-19 in Georgia:
- From 9/1 to 9/8, the seven-day average of new cases reported decreased 11.7%.
- The seven-day average of new cases reported is down 48% from our peak July 24.
- The highest % of case numbers still come from the high population counties in metro Atlanta (Fulton, Gwinnett, Cobb have the highest case numbers, as before) but these counties continue to experience decreases in case numbers.
- As of Sept. 8, the state reported over 2.5 million COVID-19 tests.
- DPH is operating 180+ SPOCs, including mobile and pop-up locations statewide.
- The number of specimens collected at DPH SPOCs has now passed 946,000.
The mega-testing site at Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International airport will close Friday, Sept. 11.
The positivity rates (7-day moving average) for PCR testing have decreased from 10.1% on 8/24/20 to 8.9% on 8/31/20 to 8.2% on 9/8/20. Despite overall testing numbers decreasing statewide, the positivity rate also continues to decrease.