Cartersville, GA; October 17, 2014: Cartersville Medical Center’s certified navigator will host a kick-off event and free Affordable Care Act enrollment seminars beginning October 28. The deadline for enrollment is February 15, 2015.
Jennifer Lunk, Cartersville resident and former teacher, is a federal and state-certified navigator who provides the following assistance:
- Explains what insurance is and why it’s needed
- Provides education and outreach in the community
- Helps with enrollment through Marketplace
- Answers questions pertaining to the choices available
Lunk can help individuals find out if they qualify for lower cost coverage, explain choices and choose the insurance plan that is best for the individual and his/her family. “I don’t work for an insurance company; my only job is to help you,” said Lunk. According to Lunk, those who are currently enrolled are encouraged to attend one of the seminars this year. “I want to provide them with any updates and make sure they are receiving the correct tax credits.”
The service is free and available at Cartersville Medical Center by appointment.
Open Enrollment begins on November 15. “February 15th is the last day to sign up for health insurance,” says Lunk. To encourage individuals to learn more about their health insurance options and for one-on-one enrollment assistance, Lunk is offering an informational kickoff and free enrollment seminars before the February 15th deadline:
- Tuesday, October 28, 5:30 – 7 p.m.: Informational Kick-Off (presentation, questions & answers, appointments made)
- Saturday, November 15, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Open Enrollment Day (free enrollment assistance provided by certified navigators)
- Wednesday, December 10, 5 – 8 p.m.: Free Enrollment Assistance
- Monday, January 12, 5-8 p.m.: Free Enrollment Assistance
- Monday, February 9, 5-8 p.m.: Final Enrollment Event before deadline
*All events will be located in the classrooms on the first floor at Cartersville Medical Center
For those who cannot attend one of the seminars, Lunk encourages individuals to visit her office at Cartersville Medical Center. “Or, you may enroll online at HealthCare.gov or call 800.319.2596 to get help as you shop, compare and apply for health insurance online,” said Lunk.
To register for the free seminar, call MedLine at 800.242.5662. For more information or to schedule an appointment for enrollment assistance, call Jennifer Lunk at 770.382.1530 ext. 1198.