In the regular August meeting of the Cartersville City Board of Education, the School Board
voted to approve consent items as follows:
- A rental request from American Cancer Society for CMS grounds and parking lot for Relay for Life on September 18, 2015.
- A rental request from Ray King for CMS grounds and parking lot for Friends of Fire Fighters 5K run on October 24, 2015.
- A rental request from United Way of Bartow County for CMS parking lot and grounds for Turkey Trot Road Race on November 21, 2015.
- A date change for the December work session and Board meeting from December 10th and 14th to a combined work session and Board meeting on the 7th of December. Changing these dates will allow Board members and others to attend CHS Band and Chorus concerts.
- The slate of Disciplinary Tribunal Appointments.
From the Finance Committee, the Board approved a one-time payment of 6% of salary (including supplements) to all employees more than 50% employed, as of January 5, 2015. Payment will be made on August 14, 2015.
Personnel recommendations were approved as follows:
A resignation was accepted from Robert Bruno, Bus Driver. Beth H. Keeney was approved as a Pre-K Teacher, effective August 11, 2015.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Cartersville School Board is Monday, September 14, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.